Home / Caledonia Complaints

Service Complaints

We are committed to providing quality services that meet the individual needs of all our tenants – and we set high standards to try and make sure we achieve this. We also know our tenants and other customers have similarly high expectations of us.

We know there can be occasions where we fall short of our standards or do not fully meet these expectations. We have a detailed  Complaints Handling Procedure  that is designed to help us resolve any customer dissatisfaction quickly and as close to the point of service delivery as possible.

Complaints Handling Procedure: The 2-Stage Process


  • Straightforward complaints are handled quickly at this stage. 
  • Stage 1 complaints should take no longer than 5 working days to resolve. 
  • We would hope, for example, to be able to resolve many Stage 1 complaints by offering an ‘on the spot’ apology or explanation of why an issue occurred and what we will do to stop it happening again. 

  • Complaints not resolved at stage 1 
  • Complaints at this stage are more complicated or need further investigation than Stage 1. 
  • 20 working day target applies to Stage 2 complaints. In practice, we will always aim to take less time than this. 

How to make a complaint 

You can make a complaint by phoning 0800 678 1228, or by sending us a letter to any of our office addresses, or by speaking to a member of staff in person.  We also have our complaints form which is available for download with paper copies available at our offices and retirement schemes.  Our connect portal & app allows you to submit a complaint straight to us.  The contact us form on our website also provides an easy method to submit a complaint.   We have Happy to Translate services and are available on 0800 678 1228 if you require any assistance in submitting a complaint to us.

Care Service Complaints, anyone receiving care services from us can either complain direct to the Care Inspectorate or to us. 

The Care Inspectorate’s contact details are: 

Care Inspectorate, Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, Dundee, DD1 4NY

 On line form: https://eforms.careinspectorate.com/

 Phone: 0845 600 9527   

Fax: 01382 207289 

Significant Performance Failures

A significant performance failure is something that we do, or fail to do, that puts the interests of our tenants at risk. This is something that does, or could, affect all of our tenants. If we do not deal with the failure, you can contact the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR). The SHR has produced a factsheet that provides guidance on making a complaint about a regulated body and what the SHR can and cannot do about your complaint. SHR has also produced a Significant Performance Failure leaflet that provides more information on what you should do and how to raise your concerns.  This includes a reporting form. 

Support Services for Making a Complaint

We understand that making a complaint can seem daunting and stressful. There are a number of resources available to you to assist with the complaints process.   The SPSO provide a great range of support services. Full details of how they can support you can be found within this four page leaflet which also has links and contact details for other support agencies.   More help and advice with your complaint can be also be sourced from:

  Citizens Advice Scotland Citizens Advice Scotland may be able to give you further advice and guidance. You can discuss your concerns with your local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find your nearest Bureau please visit www.cas.org.uk, or look in the phone book. 

  Shelter Scotland Shelter Scotland have plenty of advice, including a benefits calculator, on their website. Or you can call their free national helpline for advice. Make sure you say you’re calling from Scotland as advice for people living here will be different from that given for England andWales. Telephone helpline: 0808 800 4444 Website: scotland.shelter.org.uk 

 Law Society of Scotland You may also wish to seek advice about whether there is a legal route for your concerns.  The Law Society of Scotland may be able to help you find a solicitor. Telephone: 0131 226 7411 Website: www.lawscot.org.uk 

Dissatisfaction after a Complaint

Anyone who remains dissatisfied at the end of our complaints process can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to investigate the matter.  The SPSO’s contact details are: 

Comments, Suggestions and other Feedback

We welcome all other feedback – and use comments and suggestions to help us improve.  You can share your views with us in many ways. Send us an email or letter; speak to a member of staff or call our Customer Services Team. You can also contact us through our website or social media.