Home / Apply for a home with us

Applying for a home with us

Cordale and Caledonia Housing Association’s provide a range of housing for people across Scotland.  How you apply for housing depends on where you want to live.  We are part of local Common Housing Registers with the local councils in all areas except West Dunbartonshire.  More details on how to apply for housing can be found below.

For housing options and general advice in Angus, Argyll and Bute, Clackmannanshire, Dundee City, Fife, Perth and Kinross and Stirling areas, please click the link to be taken to the HUB website: http://www.housingoptionshub.co.uk/

If you would like to view our other housing options in Scotland from Caledonia Housing Association please click here to be taken to Caledonia Housing Association Website.https://www.caledoniaha.co.uk/applying-for-a-home-with-us/

West Dunbartonshire 

Cordale Housing Association provides homes for rent within the Renton area. Our partners Caledonia Housing Association also provides homes in the Renton area and other areas of West Dunbartonshire. We have homes in the following West Dunbartonshire areas:

  • Renton
  • Faifley
  • Bellsmyre
  • Alexandria
  • Bonhill
  • Dalqhurn

To be considered for housing in West Dunbartonshire by Cordale and Caledonia Housing Associations we have a shared application form for you to complete and this can be downloaded here

In addition, you should also apply to West Dunbartonshire Council for housing as we also have to take applicants from their housing register as well as our own.  Click on the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to their website.


Frequently Asked Questions

You can apply for a house with Cordale and Caledonia Housing Association if you are 16 years old or older.

You can download a shared application form by clicking here. You can contact our office to request an application form be sent to you. Our Customer Service Team can help you to complete your application form at our office.

If you are unable to attend our office because of a disability or ill health, we can come to your home to help you complete your application form (subject to travel distance). Please call our office on 0800 678 1228 to make an appointment or alternatively we can assist you over the telephone.

We generally allocate house sizes according to the number of people in the household.  You can choose the type of house you wish to be considered for e.g. tenement flat lower.

The higher the demand for a house type, the longer you will have to wait before you will be offered suitable housing.

When we receive your application, we will:

  • acknowledge your application the same day we receive it
  • assess your application within 5 working days
  • request a tenancy reference if applicable
  • write or telephone you if further information is required to support your application
  • point your application in line with our Allocations Policy
  • write to you with information on your awarded points

  • Health needs
  • Overcrowding
  • Under occupation
  • Living in unsatisfactory housing conditions
  • Sharing amenities
  • No permanent accommodation
  • Social/community/family support
  • Housing circumstances
  • Relationship breakdown

How long will I have to wait?

This depends on:

  • your points and your position on the housing list
  • the houses available of your choice of house type.


Renton is a very popular area in which to live. We have a very high demand for our houses but have usually only very limited turnover. Given this, it could be some time before we are able to make you an offer.


You are advised to apply to West Dunbartonshire Council for housing as we also consider applicants from their housing register at times as well as our own.  Click here to be taken to their website and register your name for housing.


If your circumstances change, you must let us know immediately by contacting our office on

0800 678 1228.

We will review your application at least once a year to ensure your information is correct and that you are still interested in housing with Cordale Housing Association.




Homelessness Advice

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness you can get advice from the local council and other advice providers.

Please click on the following links for more information: