Home / Anti Social Behaviour & Estate Management

Anti social behaviour & Estate Management

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is a serious issue that can have a profound impact on the quality of life for individuals and communities. It can range from minor incidents, such as noise disturbance, to more serious offences such as threats, harassment, or violence.

We take ASB very seriously and are committed to working with our tenants and partners to tackle it. If you are experiencing ASB or have concerns about ASB in your community, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Together, we can work towards creating safer and more supportive communities for everyone.

How to Report ASB

We understand that reporting ASB can sometimes feel daunting or overwhelming, but we’re here to support you every step of the way. Examples of Anti-Social Behaviour include:

Drug dealing

  Harassment or abusive, threatening or violent behaviour to other residents

  Playing loud music

  Vandalism / Property damage

Reporting ASB is crucial in preventing and addressing it, and we take all reports seriously. When reporting ASB please include as much detail as possible.

To report ASB

  • Connect – Download the tenant app to report an incident
  • The Noise App – Download our Noise recording app and submit recordings of noise nuisance
  • Call Police Scotland on 101
  • Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • Alternatively, please call us on 08006781228 or email [email protected]


Estate Management

At Cordale Housing Association we take pride in maintaining our neighbourhoods to the highest standard possible and are proactive in working to ensure that they are pleasant and safe places to live.  We understand that a well-managed estate not only improves the quality of life for our tenants but also contributes to the wider community. We work with partners in all local authority areas to address issues such as vandalism, litter and fly tipping. To report an issue in your neighbourhood

  • Connect – Download the tenant app to report an issue in your neighbourhood
  • Alternatively, please call us on 08006781228 or email [email protected]

Frequently asked questions

Find out more about our Noise App

We should respect the right of people to live in their own homes and be tolerant of different lifestyles. There may be a need to be tolerant of certain behaviour, even if you don’t like it. Reasonable behaviour includes: 

  • Usual household noise from closing doors, vacuum cleaners, washing machines and routine DIY.
  • Minor personal disputes & differences.
  • Small scale, occasional parties.
  • Parking disputes where no restrictions are in place.
  • Dogs barking at reasonable levels for short periods.
  • Sounds of children playing. 

Please note complaints about dog fouling, littering, untidy gardens, poor parking and other estate management issues are not classed as anti-social behaviour. These can still be reported to us and where possible we will assist you to try to resolve the problem. 

• Take responsibility and if possible speak to the person in question. 
• Try to remain calm, do not become involved in arguments and do not retaliate. 
• You can download the noise app and record any disturbance on your smartphone or tablet. 
• Where the noise app isn’t appropriate we may ask you to complete a diary sheet. 
• Contact the Police if any noise is ongoing so they can take direct action.

• We will ask you for details of the problem, please give us as much information as possible. eg dates, times, witnesses and if the Police were called. 
• Your Neighbourhood Officer will investigate. This may include speaking with neighbours, witnesses and alleged perpetrators. 
• We will refer to any recordings you have made on the noise app. 
• We work with external partners including Police Scotland, Safer Community Team and Victim Support. 
• We will provide confidential advice and assistance. 
• We will maintain regular contact with you throughout the duration of the case. 
• If there is no evidence of anti-social behaviour we will advise you of this. Your complaint will be recorded and can be referred to if further incidents occur.

After investigating your complaint and if the complaint has been upheld, we may issue a warning to the perpetrator and remind them of the requirements of their tenancy agreement. 
• If this does not resolve the problem and we get further corroborated complaints, a voluntary agreement may be drawn up under which an individual agrees not to be involved in specified acts of antisocial behaviour. This could include restricting numbers of visitors and times a person can have visitors at a property. This is called an Acceptable Behaviour Agreement (ABA) or an Acceptable Behaviour Contract (ABC). 
• In very serious cases if certain criteria are met, an application can be made to the courts for an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO). The ASBO bans the individual from doing certain specified things and if they breach this they can be sent to prison. 
• If serious Anti-Social Behaviour continues we can ask the courts to have the perpetrator evicted. When applying to court we are required to provide as much evidence of the anti-social behaviour as possible. This is why calling the Police, using the Noise App and keeping diary sheets is so important. The decision to grant permission to evict is made by the Courts and not Cordale Housing Association.

Useful Contact Information:

Cordale Housing Association0800 678 1228  or cordalehousing.org.uk

Police Scotland  101

Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 

Victim Support 0345 6039213


Download the Noise app from www.thenoiseapp.com or search online for “the noise app RHE” at Google Play or the Apple App store.