Access to Information

Cordale Housing Association (Cordale) handle and create a huge amount of information every day. We share information that Cordale customers and the public may find useful on our website –

Data Protection

We hold personal information about you to enable us provide you with our services. Information which is about you, and from which you can be identified, is known as your "personal data".
Cordale protect all personal data in compliance with current legislation and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a data controller. We have our own Data Protection Policy available here.

Requesting to see your personal data

You have a right under DPA to access any information held by us about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. A request to access your personal data is known as a "subject access request". If you would like to exercise your right to access your personal data, this must be submitted to us in writing.
All requests must include your full name and address. Proof of identity will also be required e.g. copy of passport, driving license.

If you are not happy with how we handle your request, please let us know and we will try to resolve your complaint. If you are still not happy, you should contact the Information Commissioner's Office.

Environmental Information Regulations

You have the right to request environmental information from Scottish public authorities.
Requests can be made under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs) and they work in a similar way to Freedom of Information requests, even though Cordale are not currently subject to Freedom of Information (Scotland) Regulations.

You can make an EIR request or request assistance to make a request by contacting our Information Governance Officer via the contact details below.

When you request environmental information from us, we will provide it to you within 20 working days.
Charges may apply if you request a lot of information or if the information would take us a long time to produce. Our Schedule of Charges is available here.

Occasionally there will be reasons why we cannot provide the information you have requested. If that is the case we will tell you why. You can challenge our decision and ask us to review our response. If you are unhappy after the review, you can appeal directly to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

The Scottish Information Commissioner
Kinburn Castle
Doubledykes Road
St Andrews, Fife
KY16 9DS
01334 464610

Other Requests for Information

Cordale as a Housing Association are not currently subject to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. To ensure we operate in an open and transparent manner we will consider reasonable requests for information that do not fall under Data Protection or Environmental Information under our Openness and Confidentiality policy.


If you have any queries regarding your rights to access information from Cordale or to make a request, please contact our Information Governance Officer.

Information Governance Officer
Cordale Housing Association
1 Red Row
G82 4PL
Email us:
Telephone us: 01389 721216