Equality and Diversity - Group Policy Statement
As a landlord, service provider and employer we aim to:
- Ensure respect, fairness and understanding.
- Value and embrace diversity and eliminate discrimination.
In order to achieve this, we are committed to:
- Treating all individuals fairly and not discriminating on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
- Opposing, eliminating and ensuring zero tolerance towards all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between people from different equality groups.
- Ensuring our services reflect and are informed by the diverse nature of our customers, their individual needs and the communities where they live.
- Identifying and removing any barriers preventing or restricting access to our services and activities, and demonstrating equality of opportunity in all areas of service provision.
- Actively promoting our activities and services throughout the communities where we work, including identifying and engaging with minority or hard to reach groups.
- Gathering and maintaining information that enables us to understand the needs and preferences of our tenants, residents and other customers, using this to shape our policies and services.
- Engaging contractors, consultants and partners that can demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity through upholding the values of respect, fairness and understanding.
- Striving for a representative and diverse workforce, which helps maintain an organisational culture that respects and values difference.
- Providing a working environment that recognises the individual needs of staff, where each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.
- Training and equipping staff to respond to specific individual needs of tenants, residents and other customers, in order to provide the best possible customer service.
- Openly publicising this Policy Statement, clearly communicating our commitment to equalities and diversity to all staff, tenants, residents and other customers.
- Ensuring our governance, participation and scrutiny arrangements are inclusive and representative.
- Meeting our moral and social obligations, complying with legal requirements, fulfilling regulatory expectations, and taking account of and implementing good practice.
If you feel we have not lived up to out commitments, please let us know by contacting us.